Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Floridian Adventure



My adventure started 2 weeks ago when I drove for 12 hours to see my friends in Orlando who are performing in Elmo's Coloring Book. I couldn't wait to see my BFF Emily and my BFF #2 Dustin! It was so good seeing both of them. Well, since Emily's parents were there to see her too, Dustin and I hit the streets of Orlando ... MAIN STREET that is! We went on down to Disney. First we went to Animal Kingdom, since that is where I worked when I was at Disney. We saw Festival of the Lion King, the show I did, and we did a little walking around. We made a quick stop at the Magic Kingdom to do some all-time favorties, and then we went to Epcot to do a little drinking around the world! Well, Dustin and I got highly intoxicated and had a grand ol' time! I went and saw ECB twice while I was there, and Dustin, Emily, and the rest of the cast were great! It was awesome seeing the show again! I had such a good time there, just laughing about old times, and getting to spend some time with them. They are two of my closest friends, and although it has only been a week, I miss them both terribly! Well, after they left, I stayed in Orlando for a few more days to attend my friend Amarylis' wedding. She and I have been friends for years, and I wouldn't have missed seeing her get married for the world. She was BEAUTIFUL and it was a great ceremony. At the reception, I caught the garder - well, I pulled it out of someone else's hand, but whatever! It was wierd seeing one of my friends growing up and getting married. I am so glad that she is happy and has found someone that she wants to spend the rest of her life with! I wish them both the best! While I stayed those extra days in Orlando, I stayed with my friends Michael and Victor. We planned for Michael's big Halloween party that they have every year! Oh, I'll talk about that more later - pictures are needed to explain the insanity! Well, after all that, I drove to Panama City to visit my friend Joey on another Sesame tour - Out of this World. I must admit, I was expecting a lot more out of Panama City. I thought it was going to be like Orlando. Well, I was SADLY MISTAKEN!!! This place is Western Alabama! It is SO country. I hate it. But, as for seeing Joey and the show, ALL GOOD! Joey and I went out, and it was like old times! It's always a good time with Joey, and we've had some good laughs and plenty of crazy moments. I swear that Joey and I attract crazy people! Anyway, I head home tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to being home in Lafayette. I haven't been there since Hurricane Rita hit, but it will be nice to be home and in one place for a while ... well, until I drive back to Orlando in a few weeks! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dustin Harder said...

CASEY! We miss you too! I felt empty watching the second episode of desperate housewives with out you! But i'm just gonna have to learn to deal with it! Haveing Casey visit was the highlight of my tour so far. I love you to pieces and cant wait until i get to see you in LaFayette and I can cook you and your family up some good eats! Love you bitch!

Dawn said...

who made the deleted comment???? ohhh...