Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This week in Tulsa, OK!


Praise Jesus! Last week we were in Tulsa. Now, when we are in Tulsa, we play a venue on the Oral Roberts University campus. This school is INSANELY religious. We have to watch our language and everything. Anyway, this is on the campus. It is a HUGE bronze sculpture of hands in prayer. It is the largest bronze sculpture in the world. INSANE! Oh, and the whole campus is coverd in this goldish/bronze plating! It's nuts. And the campus looks like the set of "The Jetsons." It's great. One of our locals put it best when she called it "Six Flags over Jesus!" I died laughing!

I also went see a production of "All in the Timing." I love this play, or collection of plays. Overall, it was ok. A few of the actors did not get the concept that in order for "All in the Timing" to be good ... YOU NEED TIMING! It started to sound like they didn't know what the next line was. Yikes! But, the costume and set choices were cool!

Besides that, I ate. That's pretty much ALL I did! There was a Sonic right next to the hotel, so I had lots of that. My friend Kristin raves about the Breakfast Burrito and Sunrise Smoothie. Well, I tried them, and I think I had that for breakfast like 5 times! Yum Yum Yum!



I also had my first Indian food experience. It was great! I ate so much! And then went back later in the week for the lunch buffet! WOO HOO!

Yah, that's all the empty plates, cause my fat ass was the one eating all the leftovers! HA!

Well, I'm actually in Vegas at the moment, and that's why I haven't been blogging. I've been trying to be exciting and seeing things, but I've mostly just been hanging out in the room til about noon, and then getting my ass up. So, sorry!

I'll catch up next week .... promise!

4 comments:

Dustin Harder said...

I got SO fat in Tulsa...it was horrible. I hated it. And that venue was horrible too.

I havent tried Inidian food since I had one really bad experience when I was 18 when I lived in New York City and I was on a date....i hated it, and I also wasnt fond of my date.I should try indian again...but NOT Danny Dinelo...that was seriously his name, and why do I remember that?

James Garcia said...

Actually your first Indian food experience was on the fabled Curry Mile in Manchester England, England with Iain, Denise and I. How quickly we forget.

Casey said...

Yah, but that was a gyro during a drunken stupor. That doesn't count!

Dawn said...

Hmmm, I have good memories of Tulsa, from the four times I've been there. :)

Oh, and I had Indian food yesterday, I love it and CAN'T believe you tried it. Huh.... who are you?