Sunday, April 02, 2006

This week in ... Corpus Christi and Lubbock, TX!



This week we played two cities. The beginning of the week was spent in Corpus Christi. This is a picture of the Selena memorial. You know - Selena ... JLo played her in the movie ... Anyway, that's her.

Didn't do that much in Corpus. During split weeks, we really don't have days off. The days we travel are considered our days off ... BULLSHIT! Anyway, we did take some time between shows on Wednesday to spend a little time at Corpus Christi Beach. A little beach time can't hurt! Here's a pic of Kristin and M.E. on the beach, and trying to look innocent! :)

We headed to Lubbock at 4AM on Thursday. Well, Wednesday night, Carrie, Jason, and I went and enjoyed $1 wells at the local gay bar. So, we were a little tipsy for the bus ride. But, I sure did sleep well on the bus.

We then traveled to Lubbock. I LUB LUBBOCK! Haha! Well, there's not much that Lubbock has to offer, BUT we did enjoy the little that it DID offer.

First, we checked out Prairie Dog Town. Yah, that's right. Prairie Dogs! It was pretty much just this open field in a park which a bunch of prairie dogs. The funny part of it - we took SO MANY PICTURES!!! They really didn't do much, but we took so many pictures of it. They were just too cute!


We also went to the Buddy Holly museum, and to his grave. I'm not a huge Buddy Holly fan, but it was cool that someone so famous lived and was buried in a small town like Lubbock. Here's a few pics from that ...

I'd also like to give a shout out to Brian Hughes - the gay weatherman here in Lubbock. We met him last year when I was here on tour, and we stopped by the venue this year to say hi! We went out with him last night, and he picked up the tab (which he forgot to pay before we left, btw. Shows ya how much we had to drink!) Anyway, we caught him on the news a few times, and he is the GAYEST thing. It's hilarious!

So, that was this week. Next week we head to Bossier City, LA and Beaumont. TX!

3 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

See, Texas can be fun. Where else can you go and look at Praire dogs?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to clear everything up...I paid the tab the next night and felt a little bad about the whole thing. Casey, you were an absolute blast and I will have video for you soon! - Love ya, Bryan!

Dustin Harder said...

oh man....I LUB LUBBOCK MISTER! LUB IT IN LUBBOCK....but we dont, never did. Wasn't his name Doug....3:00A.M. bar closed, you gotta hit on someone at last call AT LEAST and NOT be going to a party to get in their pants!

And as for Corpus....i dont remember that guys name. Doug from Lubbock was wanting you but this guy in corpus HAD me...

Then Beaumont....Brad from beaumont with aboyfriend who lives in Austin now....man I was down and out and Texas! But you were totally there for me the whole time. Reading this just now made me pout. I MISS YOU!!!