Friday, March 10, 2006

HELLY MONSTER!!!


This, my friends, is Telly Monster. He is one of the charcters that I understudy. Now, in the beginning of my Sesame Street career, I was Telly Monster. I was Telly for a year and 3 months! So, when I became an understudy, I was SO glad to get out of Telly.

Well, I was in Telly for 5 weeks after the first week of opening that year. And I was in a few times after that. And I was Telly for 3 months on International ... and then just this last week of International - I WAS TELLY! So, coming back to the states, I thought that I would be away from him for a little while.

Well, this morning, I got a call saying that the guy that usually plays Telly was sick ... and I was going in. Best part - I didn't know the role AT ALL! I didn't know my chorepgraphy, my blocking, NOTHING! Oh, what a stressful morning!

So, thank you Telly Monster, for making my life a living hell! Love ya!

This here is pretty much what I looked like in the show. Pretty much frantic while other muppets looked at me with that "Where is he going to go next?" fearful look in their eyes! Oh, fun times!

4 comments:

christopher john said...

I'm sure Jason had a good reason. . like,um. . . uh. . .a really hard workout the day before? Maybe? Don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you were fine!

equippedtofascinate said...

"I was in Telly for five weeks...and I was in a few times after that." Ha, ha, that sounds so dirty. I'm sure you did fine. I sometimes have nightmares where I'm doing a show and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Dustin Harder said...

hey, Fred went into Telly yesterday too! crazy! Muah! I'm sure you were fabulous!

Divafina said...

I HATE TELLY!! I hate HIM!!
I would rather do Big Bird than run around in that bullshit!! I'm soeey that you went into his track, it's kinda hard with all that blocking!! But I'm sure that you worked it out!!