Monday, March 19, 2007

MY HOUSTON VA-GAY-TION!

Well, I must say that I had a WONDERFUL weekend! I drove on down to Houston Friday afternoon to go stay with my friend Dustin for the weekend. I've known Dustin for a few years, but here's the funny part. We've barely hung out. We met while he was in Louisiana doing work stuff, and we just kept in touch over the years. It was really nice actually spending some time with him. He's a great guy, and totally fun! THANKS DUSTIN!

Oh, and I remembered my camera! So this post has LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

Ok, so, to our weekend. Well, Friday night we went to see the Scissor Sisters. I really didn't know who they were, but Dustin was totally gung-ho about going. Well, I recognized a song or two, but overall, I totally enjoyed the concert. They are very Bee-Gee/Abba - esque. Totally fun. I might have to buy a CD or something. Oh, and the lead singer is super cute - and super gay! He was a blast to watch!

Well, after the concert, we went out to Guava Lamp, a cute little gay bar in Houston. We have a few cocktails, I got harrased my some guy would said I would be thin when I was older and that I was evil. Oh well, I made him tip $5 on a $5.50 bar tab! EAT THAT!

Well, Saturday was St. Patty's Day, so I was on the hunt for green beer! Well, I found it! We also found some really funny older ladies. They were wasted, but totally having a good time! GO IRISH!













Well, that night we went out again. We went to JR's, then headed to South Beach later in the night. Now, I have gotten RAVE reviews about South Beach from my friend Chris. Well, we has right. It was a pretty awesome club, and I can totally see now why he loves it so much. It was your typical "QAF" -esque bar. Here's a few pics of Dustin and I before the bar ...
Oh, and check out the cute shirt that I borrowed from Dustin for the night. HE wouldn't let me borrow it for "an undertermined amount of time." Damn him!


Well, Sunday was a pretty laid back day. We went to the movies and saw the new Sandra Bullock movie. I liked it, but Dustin said it was too predictable. Maybe that was because the crazy little Mexican girls behind us talked thru the whole movie and basically gave a play by play of what was going on. Silly girls!


Besides that, I got to get my fix of some of my favorite food places - Pappa's Burgers, Chipotle, and Jamba Juice! YUM YUM YUM!
Well, he had a flight early this morning, so I hopped back in the car and drove on home this morning! But, it was nice to get away for a little bit. And now that Dustin has said I am welcome anytime, I think another va-gay-tion might be in order!

No comments: