Tuesday, July 04, 2006

...on getting older.


Isn't it weird how people change? You don't see someone for a while, and sometimes it's like the years mean nothing, and you can pick up right where you started. But other times, it's like you never really knew each other to begin with.

Or, you wake up one day, and suddenly you feel older. Not physically, but mentally, too? Like you hold conversations with people, and you feel like you are living in a completely different world than everyone else?

When did we grow up?

3 comments:

Cody Daigle said...

I know what you mean. It only gets worse as you get older, too.

I've sort of found that it's not necessarily a bad thing. I've noticed while the number of people I relate to gets smaller and smaller, the quality of my relationships with those people get stronger and stronger.

Anonymous said...

We don't ever stop growing up, I guess, for as long as we live. Which may be somehow different from getting older. Phisically, I think I don't mind that much (up till now), though it some times hurts... But worse is definitely mentally. You get more mature, ok, you see the world in a more integrated perspective, and so you feel somehow safer. But if...
Never mind! The true commandment is «carpe diem». There's no better way, I suppose. Be happy for as long as you can.

jay lassiter said...

i grew up when i started waking up with aches and pains all the time. of course it's still my perogative to behave immaturely, i still feel old and creaky all the time.