Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lou'siana Saturday Night!


Yah, so I went out last night. A friend of mine was in town from Denver, CO , so I felt that I need to go out and say hi. I know how it is to be in a city that you are not really familiar with, so I joined him out for a drink.

Well, it amazes me how many people know me. Thanks to the very close-knit gay community of Lafayette and the amazing powers of myspace, I knew a fair amount of people in the bar.

So, it was a fun night of a few free drinks, a little dancing, and lots of watching the tragedy known as the gay scene in Lafayette.

But, overall, a fun night. I was talking to a friend of mine, who seems to know EVERYONE in Lafayette. He said keep your friends close and your enemies closer - a theory I agree with whole-heartedly! So, I'll network and get to know everyone. That way I always have someone to talk to in the bar, I'll get invited to everything, and if I DO get that job bartending ... everyone will come to me.

I just need to work on remembering people's names. I am horrible about that! :)

1 comment:

equippedtofascinate said...

I can't remember people's names, ever. It's horrible. If you get a job as a bartender, you have to hook me up with free drinks. I'll fly down there knowing I can drink for free. Ok, I may even fly down there if I don't get free drinks. I think it would be worth it:)