Saturday, July 08, 2006

Fags and friends...



So, I am currently in Pigeon Forge, TN visiting my good friend Joey. I know, why the hell am I here. Well, that's another post all together!

Anyway, while he is away at work, I watched this movie today on Logo - the gay cable channel! Loves it!

Well, I've seen this movie before, and it is lovely. It's all about friendship, and faggotry! It's a great movie.

And here's a lovely quote... slighty paraphrased! ;)

"People ask me when I knew I was gay. I can't say, blah blah blah. But I know when I knew it was ok. It's when I met these guys - my friends."

Aww!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gays usually say they don´t know when they knew they were gay. I cannot understand that.
Sorry, but I don't buy that.
I'm no young man any longer, I've always lived in a catholic, repressive country, but me and my gay friends, in our young teens, we all knew quite well what we liked and disliked. Obviously, the consequences of that are a whole different matter. We just couldn't guess what life held in store for some of us...
In 2006 it really hurts to read that crap. Even if it just has to do with emphasizing the role of friendship.
Sorry... :-)

Casey said...

Well, personally, I don't think that being gay is something you realize one day - it is something that you are. I could tell you when I started to question if I was, but I can't pinpoint a particular moment. I do agree with the quote thought. When I first came out, and my friends accepted the fact that I WAS gay, THAT is a moment that I will remember.

Anonymous said...

Thank wou very much for your comment.
There's no doubt in my mind about the difference between the moment you realise what you are and the moment you come out. The first one is a solitary, interior discovery; the second one has to do with you as a social being. And these two moments cannot ever be simultaneous. (Maybe my point of view is clearer now) :-)