Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This week in Portland, OR!



So, this past week we were in Portland, OR. Portland was a bit of a change from our last few weeks in California. The weather was a little chillier, but it was still nice.

I really didn't do TOO much in Portland. Since the tour is winding down, I've just been hanging out, not doing too much.

Umm, one day I went wine tasting with some of the girls. We went to a few wineries, tasted a bunch of wines, and then each bought a bottle. There was an amazing dessert wine that tasted like fruit punch, and a red that was made for people who like white! It was good too!

We also drank a lot of coffee. There are SO many coffee shops in Portland. I swear these people run off of this stuff. Well ... So do we. I think I had coffee every day before work. They also had this extra strength espresso that I had before blocking. It really hit me, and I was sweating like a mad man during blocking. It was CRAZY! So, I love the coffee - and I'm super looking forward to some homestyle Community Coffee! YUM!!!

It was also Pride in Portland last week. Jeffo and I went out, and it was pretty lame. We just ended up sitting in a bar, drank some drinks, and watched the gays pass by. Fun times!

I also tried the new KFC bowl thingy - with the mashed potatoes, corn, and chicken. It was DAMN good. I suggest everyone go out and try it ... but make sure the arteries are unclogged first! :)

Well, we are on out final week of tour - San Diego! I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

The picture of the girl drinking coffee bothers me a little.

Chargenda said...

There isn't much food that I don't like, but the KFC thing looks terrible to me. The commerial makes me wanna vomit.