Wednesday, June 07, 2006

People and plans...


So, after being on the road for 3 years, and having to travel in large groups a lot, I have come to the conclusion that I HATE doing things in large groups.

Now, large groups are usually more than 6 or 7 people. Roughly, the amount of people that it takes to have gratuity added in a restaurant. I do good in groups of 4, but when it gets over that, it's starts getting hairy.

I have run into this problem a lot lately on this tour. See, for some reason, people all want to do things together. I really don't understand, because most of these people don't really get along. But, we all end up going out. If it's dinner, we HAVE to ask for seperate checks, because someone will have to use a card, or someone will not leave a tip, blah blah blah.

Lately, we've been doing little outings, and it's been horrible. People can't figure out who's driving, no one has directions, people are late, etc. Then, when it is time to leave, people are in different cars, people wnat to stay later, people are too drunk to drive, blah blah blah.

I'm just over it. We are all adults here! Why can't we just make plans and communicate these plans to one another? UGH!

3 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

I blame my hatred for group outings on growing up with seven siblings. I don't do things in groups anymore if I can help it.

Anonymous said...

you are just growing up and the groups are getting younger

Anonymous said...

kerri..i do not have a blog..i am too old for that stuff...i was just telling casey why he is having troule with the group thing..