Sunday, May 14, 2006

Home...


So, tour is coming to an end. We only have about 6 more weeks left. And I can not WAIT to go home!

I've been on the road for about 3 years now, and I am done. Insert fork -DONE! It's seems that the slightest thing sets me off. It seems like every day is just a repeat of yesterday. Ugh.

So, in honor of wanting to go home, I am going to share with all of you another girl's thoughts about home...


When I think of home
I think of a place
Where there's love overflowing
I wish I was home
I wish I was back there
With the things I been knowing

Wind that makes the tall trees bend into leaning
Suddenly the snowflakes that fall have a meaning
Sprinklin' the scene, makes it all clean

Maybe there's a chance
For me to go back
Now that I have some direction
It would sure be nice
To be back home
Where there's love and affection

And just maybe I can convince time to slow up
Giving me enough time in my life to grow up
Time be my friend, let me start again

Suddenly my world's
Gone and changed it's face
But I still know where I'm going
I have had my mind
Spun around in space
And yet I've watched it growing

If you're list'ning god
Please don't make it hard to know
If we should believe in the things that we see
Tell us, should we try and stay,
Or should we run away,
Or would it be better just to let things be?

Living here, in this brand new world
Might be a fantasy
But it taught us to love
So it's real, real to me
And we've learned
That we must look inside our hearts to find

A world full of love
Like yours, like mine
Like home...

3 comments:

Cody Daigle said...

Is that The Wiz?

You're so gay, if it is.

I'm glad you're coming home too. I have a possible fun project for us this summer.

Disco. Drag. Shakespeare.

You know you wanna.

Casey said...

I AM SO THERE!!

And yes, that is The Wiz. What kinda fag are you for not knowing that? I thought you knew all musicals? Did I just stump you?

Cody Daigle said...

You almost stumped me. I don't know The Wiz all that well.

And my "black girl power ballad in a musical" fave is "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls.

All others pale in comparison, even if it is Stephanie Mills.