Monday, February 13, 2006

WRONG WAY!


This morning was QUITE the adventure! Well, I agreed to drive Kristin and Shari, two girls on my tour, to the airport this morning. 5:15 this morning to be exact! This was after I was up until 3 after going out for a "going away" drink with Jeffo!

Well, a little backstory ... Shari hates flying. She dreads it. Add on top of that the fact that there was a HUGE blizzard on New York ... where they are flying. So you can imagine the tension!

Well, we left the hotel a few minutes later than planned. There had been crazy traffic thru the week, so I was a little worried about getting them to the airport in time. But, once we got on the road, the traffic was moving right along, and we we're going to be right back on schedule!

Well, we get to the airport, and we start to look for what terminal they are at. AND WE CAN'T FIND IT. So I ask ... "Are you flying out of this airport?" See, there are 2 airports in Houston, and WE WERE AT THE WRONG ONE!!!

They freak out! Poor Shari! They get on the phone with the airline, and I start driving to the other airport, which is an hour away!

Well, Kristin is on hold for an hour, they are calling their friends in NY saying that they'll never make it there - it's madness. Well, we get to the airport when their flight is supposed to be taking off. They go to the ticket counter, and the nice lady assures them that they'll get on another flight! WHEW!

I then had to drive back to the hotel to pack all of my luggage and drive myself to the airport ... and you know I checked which one before I pulled out of the parking lot!

2 comments:

Dustin Harder said...

dude...pack earlier.

Casey said...

Dude, I was planning on being back to the hotel with PLENTY of time to pack. Unfortunately, I drove around Houston for about 3 hours. I'll give you something to pack ... ;)