Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where the sidewalk ends ....


We've been told since we were small children that you should look both ways before you cross the street. For our safety.

Well, here I am ... standing at the end of a sidewalk, staring at the road that lies before me. I've got to look both ways. I've got to look back at the past. I've got to look at what's been done before. I've got to look at the paths that have already been traveled and the journey that has gotten me to where I am today. I've got to look back at all I've learned.

But I must also look towards the future. I have to look at all that lies before me, all that has yet to be experienced. There are so many other roads to travel down, sights to be seen, chapters to be written. So many roads -decisions -choices lie before me.

So I stand at the edge. I know that I must take that step. Step into the oncoming traffic. But looking both ways first, to make sure that the path is clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep.

I like it.

notwrong said...

funky pic! love it :)