Sunday, February 25, 2007

In a flash...


"Like a month to a flame, burned by the fire." Hmm, Janet really knew what she was talking about.


And it's over faster than it even started. How's that for "moving too fast"? I know - I KNOW - this is not my fault. He said it himself - I'm the best boyfriend. Maybe he thinks he deserves better than the best? Or maybe he knows that he is not worth the best?


I didn't do anything to cause this. I tried to fix all of the mistakes that I made before. Instead of being scared to get burned, he was scared all together. I mean, the light was nice, it made the darkness brighter. But the heat made him sweat. He thought he'd just go up in smoke.


I'm not afraid of fire. I like running my fingers over a flame, feeling the heat, noticing the way that everything looks like water through it. Isn't that ironic?


So, here's to playing with fire.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

oh no, is this what i think it means?

Chargenda said...

I don't know what that means, but awww...but I think you are single now...awww...sorry baby!