Monday, December 04, 2006

The Casey Update!




So, here's a little update on what I've been up to.






Well, I finished my first week at Starbucks. It feels like more than just a week! I trained during the beginning of the week, and I was thrown to the wolves the rest of the week. I was working the front register - which sounds pretty easy. But I've figured it out ... it's all about multi-tasking. You have to be able to do about 7 things at one time. I'm getting the hang of it, but there are moments where I just stand there and stare into space, or when I suddenly can't remember how to do anything. But, I'm getting some good feedback from everyone, so that makes me feel better. Now, once I start doing something new, I'll fuck that up and they'll hate me again! :)






So, I've also been coaching the Speech team at Teurlings Catholic High. They are an awesome team full of very talented kids. I was at a tournament ALL DAY Saturday, but the kids did really well, and we even took home the 1st place Sweepstakes trophy, which means that overall, our school did the best. It was nice to know that they won ... AND I HELPED!! Good times!



Besides that, life's been pretty calm. It's nice being home, and spending time with my family. My mom and I decorated the X-mas tree ... and we've been getting rave reviews. It's all decorated in silver ornaments with white lights ... I'll have to take a picture and post it. But, it's nice being home. I do miss tour a little ... not dancing in a big furry suit, but the people, and the fun times we all had!



So, that's about it. I haven't had time to blog because I've been so busy with work. Oof, 9-5 is hard!

1 comment:

christopher john said...

It's weird having a 9 to 5 job, isn't it?! Yeah, it takes some getting used to! I'm jealous that I won't be able to decorate my families tree. . . but I haven't done that in years! :)