Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I've had a great Christmas. I'm here in Madrid, but we - along with other people on tour - have bought decorations, and we've made our hotel rooms mighty festive! Today, Brad and I went over to our friends Steve and Andrea's room and opened Christmas presents. And tonight, we are having a company dinner, to celebrate the season ... together.

It's times like this that make being on the road hard. I'd love to be at home with my family, and I'm sure everyone else on tour would enjoy the same. It tries your patience, and puts everyone a little on edge and people get a bit emotional.

But, we need to remember what we do have. Here on tour, I have Brad and friends that have become like a family. Sometimes we are a dysfunctional one, we are still a family. 

I'd like to send that thought out to my family, too. It was hard knowing that when I called, my family wasn't together. I'm sure it was hard for them, but it was hard for me knowing that those who COULD be together, weren't. I get numerous forwards with cute graphics, reminding me to remember the gifts that we have during this holiday season. I hope that the sender takes the time to read those forwards, and think about the message that you are spreading. 

I really wish that I could have been home for Christmas. More than that, I wish that everyone acknowledges the fact that they could have spent the holiday together, because some of us couldn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was kinda strange..