Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Awww....

Ok, so this is a little post that Jonathan wrote on his blog. Just wanted to share with all of you the words of a guy that takes my breath away. I must say that I agree with him on everything. It is what it is ... and it's good. So, here's to Jonathan - He's truly a "Prince Charming."




The Casey Chronicles: It Is What It Is...So Stop Asking Questions, Stupid!

I met him for dinner for the first time one month and eight days ago - and in approximately 9 days we'll be able to say it's been official for one month. I realize that it's sorta silly to celebrate a month of togetherness; it's so cliche, and seems like such a minute amount of time to deem worthy of recognition, right? But you know... It's sorta ginormous to me, to have this opportunity - to start over with someone, expressing emotions and feelings I'd been terrified to share with anyone for almost an entire year, taking a chance on feeling vulnerable yet safe in someone else's arms, and...well...trusting someone again. I'd honestly thought I was done; damaged beyond repair... So, yeah: Let's bake a cake and drink a bottle of wine or two!

None of these endeavors (and many more) would have been possible had Casey not come into my life. He makes me feel outstanding about myself - and he doesn't mind the anxiety that often pervades my being. He doesn't freak out when I do about how much grief I had endured in the past; he actually listens to me - with open arms and an open heart. I truly consider him to be a blessing. There is so much good going on between us, it's difficult to believe he and I weren't guided to each other by God. I needed him...and I think/hope he needed me, too.
In the beginning, I used to just stare into his eyes and ask him, "What the hell do you see in me?" Of course, my ridiculous inquisition was usually stifled by a kiss or any other simple gesture which would imply that, sometimes, there simply are no words to explain a phenomenon. Still, I wondered about that... Until finally one day, I surrendered and accepted the fact that some things are just good like us - me and Casey - and no explanations are necessary...because there are none available. As I always say, "It is what it is"...and it is GOOD; that's all I need to know.

So, that's the official update on my - dare I say it? - "Love" Life. Although he and I both agree there is no reason to rush into anything, I do believe there will be many more months to celebrate our togetherness in the future.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

aww, congrats casey, jonathan is cute :-P i've got my own jonathan and i love him. happy early one month to you two

Anonymous said...

how cute is that? seriously.

he's a keeper.

Donnie said...

Now that is fuckin' wonderful. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, Casey! Its so good to see that you are happy. Ive also got my own now, and its amazing when you can find your peace in someone. YAY!